(Note: The 10x10s I post on my blog are from the previous week’s email to maintain a certain degree of “special-ness” to those I email the digest to directly.)
1) People’s Pundit Daily: Was Gov. Rick Perry Indicted As Part Of Political Witch Hunt?
Texas Gov. Rick Perry was indicted late Friday on charges he allegedly abused his veto power, but details of the indictment are leading some to question whether this is all a political witch hunt.
2) Entrepreneur: The Power of Mornings: Why Successful Entrepreneurs Get Up Early, Lisa Evans
When running a business, it may seem like there are never enough hours in the day. Tapping into the power of mornings, a time of day when there are less demands, might be the key to increasing your productivity.
3) Brookings: The Human Importance of the Monkey Selfie, Stuart N. Brotman
Last week’s slow summer news was filled with monkeys and robots, breaking the usual pattern of having sharks grab the headlines each August. The two stories in combination actually raise an interesting and potentially important matter regarding technology development and copyright law.
4) Fast Company: 10 Gmail Plugins That Improve Email Productivity, Stephanie Vozza
Gmail is one of the most popular email services with more than 500 million users, so chances are pretty good that you’re one of them. But are you making the most of your email account?
5) Forbes: Why It’s So Damaging To Tell Women They Can’t Have It All (And Why I’m So Tired Of Hearing It), Kathy Caprino
The latest trend in women’s leadership circles today is telling women they can’t have it all (at the same time), and they should stop trying.
6) Harvard Business Review: Just Thinking You Slept Poorly Can Hurt Your Performance, Kristi Erdal
The study: Colorado College professor Kristi Erdal and psychology student Christina Draganich tricked subjects into believing that the quality of their previous night’s sleep could be determined by measuring their brain waves.
7) Thought Catalog: 17 People On The Healthy Routine That Changed Their Lives, Chelsea Fagan
1. “I started waking up an hour before I needed to get ready, and I didn’t have any specific tasks to accomplish in that time, it just gave me an extra hour to do things slowly and peacefully. I could make a decent breakfast, enjoy my coffee, do a bit of reading, and wake up to the world. I didn’t feel so rushed, and I had a ton more energy every day. -Caitlyn, 23
8) Glitter Guide: Essentials For The Perfect Bar Cart, Caitlin M.
While bar carts are nothing new to the world of home décor, in recent years they’ve become so much more than just a place to store liquor!
9) Dadaviz: Terrorism 1970-present
Illustrated world map of terrorism
10) Lifehack: 20 Signs You’re Succeeding In Life Even If You Don’t Feel You Are, Carol Morgan
We all feel like failures from time to time. While this is a normal feeling, you have to find a way to see yourself and your life from a different perspective.